Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sharepoint - when you get the message that file is locked by yourself.

I was facing an issue while editing a heavy document. The xls document was getting crashed very frequently and then I was not able to check in my changes. In this scenario, the document didn’t open as expected and I received the following message in a File in Use dialog box:
FileName is locked for editing by 'another user'.

I searched on Google and found that it’s a common issue. As per the solution, we should open the document again only after 10 minutes as described in the link below:
[http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899709]

Have a better life after crash... time heals all wounds :)

1 comment:

Vivek Athalye said...

what the hell r u doing in sharepoint??

did u leave j2ee?????


anyway, good to c some updates on ur blog :)

and yes, "time heals all wounds" - LOL, too good :D